Hi Bryan,

I saw the bug in the function inotify_ioctl() and tried to fix it. Now with
my new image ioctl(FIONREAD) returns state->ins_size as the bytes available
to be read.

[root@batfs5901 ~]# /var/tmp/inotify
ioctl = 0, errno = 0, bufsize = 64
got 48 bytes
   -> New file yyang created
   -> yyang ATTRIB

this state->ins_size seems larger than the number of bytes read by read()
call, i.e. state->ins_size does not tell the exact number of bytes
available for read.

This can be a problem when the program expects to read that many bytes. I
just confirmed it causes issue in Samba.

Thanks,

-- Youzhong