I setup a log mirror on my system along with a mirrored cache. I was
setting up a NUT server to gracefully shutdown the system and had one of my
lines wrong and the system was abruptly powered off. Since there was no I/O
activity zones is fine. I was able to remove the failed mirrored cache but
the SLOG device shows failed and I can't remove it. When I try to remove
the SLOG with zpool remove zones mirror-1 the system hangs and I have to do
a power cycle to get it back. I pulled the SLOG drives, but once
disconnected the system comes back up not seeing zones and asks to do a new
install. If I plug the devices back in the system comes up with the SLOG
devices as failed. Any help on how to get out of this situation.. My zpool
list

status: One or more devices has been removed by the administrator.
        Sufficient replicas exist for the pool to continue functioning in a
        degraded state.
action: Online the device using 'zpool online' or replace the device with
        'zpool replace'.
  scan: resilvered 1.27G in 0h14m with 0 errors on Fri Oct 14 17:39:33 2016
config:

        NAME                       STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        zones                      DEGRADED     0     0     0
          raidz2-0                 ONLINE       0     0     0
            c0t5000C50079479E2Cd0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c3t1d0                 ONLINE       0     0     0
            c3t2d0                 ONLINE       0     0     0
            c0t5000C50078FB4603d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c0t5000C50078FBBB43d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c0t5000C50078F9FF62d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
        logs
          mirror-1                 UNAVAIL      0     4     0  insufficient
replicas
            c2t0d0s0               REMOVED      0     0     0
            c2t1d0s0               REMOVED      0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

--
Greg

http://www.linkedin.com/in/gregtreantos