I have created 2 zones with the goal to stress a network component. This
network component has 4 Gb nics and an embedded DHCP server.

My idea was to create the two zones with their own nics so all traffic that
flows between the 2 zones will need to pass this network device.

So I added 2 nics to the SmartOs global zone named test1 and test2 and
created 2 simple zones, zone test1 is connected to nic1 with DHCP enabled,
and zone test2 is connected to nic2.

Both zones are running and received an IP-address from the network device.

Test1 = 192.168.1.130

Test2 = 192.168.1.195

In both zones I created a new user called johan

I created  a script that is based on
http://www.alecjacobson.com/weblog/?p=635

When I login to Test1 and try ./ scp-speed-test.sh johan@192.168.1.195
<mailto:johan@192.168.1.195>  it takes about 4 minutes before the scp script
asks for the user's password.

Same goes for Test2 and ./ scp-speed-test.sh johan@192.168.1.130
<mailto:johan@192.168.1.130>

I tried logging in via ssh and sftp but it takes minutes before I get the
password prompt.

The network device has no firewall

Anyone any tips for what I am doing wrong?