Thanks for checking, Robert.

I looked that up. NONE of the Intel's MSRs are that long[1]

In source code, I found few MSRs that long but they are only for KVM's
internal usage.

May be Win32 kernel is going crazy.

I'm already testing with the '-cpu host' as you suggested in IRC and will
report back.

Reference:
[1] Chapter 35 of Vol. 3 (full) Intel's System Programming Maual.