On 10/16/16 05:00 PM, Ian Collins wrote:
On 07/18/16 08:00 PM, Ian Collins wrote:
Hello,

I have a couple of systems with Supermicro X9 boards (X9SRH and X9DRH)
with dual embedded Intel X540 10GBase-T NICs and both only show the link
speed as 1000 for ixgbe0.  I don't see this with a SmartOS system with
an X540 PCI card, or on a Solaris 11.3 X9DRH system.

# dladm show-linkprop ixgbe0
LINK         PROPERTY        PERM VALUE          DEFAULT POSSIBLE
ixgbe0       speed           r-   1000           1000           --

# dladm show-linkprop ixgbe1
LINK         PROPERTY        PERM VALUE          DEFAULT POSSIBLE
ixgbe1       speed           r-   10000          10000          --

Both systems showing a problem with ixgbe0 is too much of a coincidence
for my liking.

All of the ports are connected to the same switch and swapping ports and
cables makes no difference.

Has anyone else seen this?
Something has changed for the worse in recent updates, I now see after a
reboot:

# dladm show-phys
LINK         MEDIA                STATE      SPEED  DUPLEX    DEVICE
ixgbe0       Ethernet             down       0      unknown   ixgbe0
ixgbe1       Ethernet             up         10000  full      ixgbe1
[root@zonehost (Home) ~]# dladm show-linkprop ixgbe1 | grep speed
ixgbe1       speed           r-   10000          10000          --
[root@zonehost (Home) ~]# dladm show-linkprop ixgbe0 | grep speed
ixgbe0       speed           r-   0              0              --

which is most odd.

I see the issue is still present in joyent_20170803T121921Z..

--
Ian.