Hi all
I have an odd problem with a new Ubuntu lx-zone: the default nic won’t come
UP.

The server is running joyent_20161110T013148Z and the one has been built
using

7b5981c4-1889-11e7-b4c5-3f3bdfc9b88b  ubuntu-16.04            20170403
 linux    lx-dataset    2017-04-03

I have created several similar zones using this image and a common
json template where I just change the name of the zone and the ip
address. The json can be seen at https://pastebin.com/3eRnqAdW

The zone gets created OK, but when I zlogin, ifconfig shows only the
loopback interface.

ifconfig -a shows

https://pastebin.com/Brcd7sB1

As you can see, eth0 has an IP address and is showing traffic.

ifconfig up eth0 returns "eth0: Host name lookup failure”

Any ideas on how to debug this?

Gareth