Hi Dan,

Yes we know about the IKEv2 and we'll be happy to try it.

You might also be interested in our ansible playbook that sets up IPsec and overlays:
https://github.com/erigones/esdc-ce/tree/master/ans/overlays
And our simple IPSsec debug scripts:
https://github.com/erigones/esdc-ce/tree/master/bin/debug

Any feedback on our docs or usage of IPsec is totally welcome. Don't hesitate to ask anything.

One more thing - as you are probably right person to ask - currently we are trying to set up a reliable Dead Peer Detection so the IPsec can overcome a remote node reboot or ipseckey flush. Is there any doc that can point us how to do that? I'm a bit lost in all IKE options.

Thank you.

Jan