Hi Eugene you should be able to accomplish this by not using any “vlan_id” in
the nic config. Keep in mind that the GZ NIC should be in an untagged VLAN and
your switch should allow passing tagged frames. On some switches you may need
to change the ethertype or enable Q-in-Q. This varies by vendor.

If you’re going to be using this VM as a router you’ll need to enable ip and
dhcp spoofing to enable ip forwarding,NAT, and dhcp server responses. You do
not have to enable ip_spoofing on your external interface but you do on your
internal NIC’s. Now I’m not sure but to pass VLAN tags you’ll probably want
unrestricted traffic and potentially promisc access.

Also be sure that if you’re passing tags that you increase the size of your MTU
accordingly in the GZ and on the switch.

I haven’t tested tagging VLAN’s from within a guest myself but try this config
and let me know if it works. Also I would do this on two different GZ’s in 2
different guests in order to verify that the configuration is correct all the
way through the switch.

Snoop and Tcpdump are going to be your friends with this project.

"interface": "net0",

   "mac": "”,

  "nic_tag": "admin",

    "ip": "dhcp",

    "ips": [

      "dhcp"

    ],

    "model": "virtio",

    "allow_ip_spoofing": true,

    "allow_mac_spoofing": true,

    "allow_restricted_traffic": true,

    "allow_unfiltered_promisc": true

  }

John Barfield
Engineering and Stuff

M: +1 (214) 425-0783  O: +1 (214) 506-8354
john.barfi...@bissinc.com<mailto:john.barfi...@bissinc.com>

[/Users/john/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_1613008927]
4925 Greenville Ave, Ste 900
Dallas, TX 75206

For Support Requests:
http://support.bissinc.com<http://support.bissinc.com/> or
supp...@bissinc.com<mailto:supp...@bissinc.com>

Follow us on Twitter for Network Status &  Updates!

[/Users/john/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_778975420]<https://twitter.com/johnbarfield>