Dear all,
I'm evaluating SmartOS, after some years of OmniOS.

I have a HP ML110 G7 (single E3-1220 v2, 32 GB ECC) with a Sil3124 add-on card with 2 SSDs connected to it, no other disks in the HP B110i built-in controller. I flashed a USB key with SmartOS, I plugged it in the internal USB port, and I created the zones pool in the mirrored SSDs.

At boot I always get the following message:
---
WARNING: Couldn't read ACPI SRAT table from BIOS. lgrp support will be limited to one group.

SunOS [...]
WARNING: KCS error: ff
---

then the login prompt.

If I login via SSH and I check the logs, I see
messages: https://pastebin.com/M8hvzV5u
auth.log: https://pastebin.com/zLQnEn8f
syslog: https://pastebin.com/NMzmzzuk

From time to time, after completing the boot, I hear a beep coming from the server, once it even rebooted by itself. The beep comes at the same time of the "REPEATED LOGIN FAILURES ON /dev/term/a" error.

I paste some parts that could be interesting:

/log/messages:

acpica: [ID 950062 kern.notice] ACPI BIOS Warning (bug): Invalid length for FADT/Pm1aControlBlock: 32, using default 16 (20160527/tbfadt-736) acpica: [ID 773110 kern.notice] ACPI BIOS Warning (bug): Invalid length for FADT/Pm2ControlBlock: 32, using default 8 (20160527/tbfadt-736)

-> not an issue: https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02962094

ipmi: [ID 183295 kern.info] SMBIOS type 0x1, addr 0xca2
ipmi: [ID 677314 kern.warning] WARNING: KCS error: ff
ipmi: [ID 306142 kern.info] device rev. 1, firmware rev. 1.65, version 2.0
ipmi: [ID 935091 kern.info] number of channels 1
ipmi: [ID 699450 kern.info] watchdog supported

-> HP iLO 3, https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/13378
Known since 2012

login: [ID 446407 auth.crit] REPEATED LOGIN FAILURES ON /dev/term/a
svc.startd[8]: [ID 694882 daemon.notice] instance svc:/system/console-login:ttya exited with status 1
login: [ID 446407 auth.crit] REPEATED LOGIN FAILURES ON /dev/term/a
svc.startd[8]: [ID 694882 daemon.notice] instance svc:/system/console-login:ttya exited with status 1

auth.log:
login: [ID 446407 auth.crit] REPEATED LOGIN FAILURES ON /dev/term/a

It is maybe worth mentioning that before this install from a USB flash drive in the internal port, I used a SD card on the internal SD slot, while keeping all the 8 disks connected (2 SSD, 4 HDD in the B110i controller, 2 HDD on the ports meant for optical media) and I got this kernel panic:
https://postimg.org/image/azk1nzbpv/

I checked the memory with memtest86 and it passes all the tests. The computer never had any hardware issues, at least until few days ago when I deleted my very old OmniOS install. Moreover, after these issues with SmartOS, I tried the latest OmniOS and it works fine (maybe important: it boots directly from the SSDs).

There must be something in my SmartOS install, that however is completely clean.

Could you please help me solving these issues?

Thanks
Olaf