On 6 Jul 2018, at 15:54, Tamás Gérczei wrote:

Hi,

Yup, this is a rudimentary implementation of what Jussi had said. I
still use it myself, it still works as far as I can tell. Let me know
how it fares!

Well, I'm not having a very good afternoon here, so please bear with me...

Please note I am running release joyent_20180621T003454Z here.

1. Where am I supposed to place the .xml files? I tried doing an svcs import on them, and that seemed to work, but on a reboot I don't see them registered
   in svcs

2. Neither of the vmadm update commands given in README.md work, failing with
   syntax errors.  E.g.

# vmadm list -Ho uuid | while read UUID; do vmadm update $UUID <<< "{"set_tags":{"priority": 0}}"; done

Invalid JSON payload: Unexpected token s
Invalid JSON payload: Unexpected token s
Invalid JSON payload: Unexpected token s
Invalid JSON payload: Unexpected token s

I've tried variations on that command, to no avail. Instead I put the JSON into individual .json files, and that does work:

# cat tags_priority_0.json
 {"set_tags": {"priority": 0}}

# vmadm get <UUID> |json tags
{
  "label": "package build",
  "owner": "psture",
  "priority": 0
}

Sorry, like I said, I'm not having a good afternoon and I'm stuck...