From: Youzhong Yang <youzh...@gmail.com>
Reply: smartos-discuss@lists.smartos.org <smartos-discuss@lists.smartos.org>
Date: August 12, 2018 at 10:46:05 PM
To: smartos-discuss@lists.smartos.org <smartos-discuss@lists.smartos.org>
Subject:  [smartos-discuss] still hang at boot - OS-7079 mp_startup_common
races itself

Today I built a smartos image (with all git repos synced to master) and
rebooted the host with that image. It hung after the banner message + one more
line about power management or something.

Then I reverted OS-7079, built an image, rebooted, it worked perfectly.

So does it mean OS-7079 fixed one issue, but caused another? My host is an old
Supermicro X8DAH, Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5570  @ 2.93GHz. Tomorrow I will try on
a new all NVMe system and see if it works.

Thanks.
smartos-discuss | Archives | Modify Your Subscription