Frederik Sdun schrieb:
> Hi List,
Hi!

> maybe I'll be @ LTB, too. The decision should be final this weekend.

At least it would make a nice place to meet!

>> This would have several advantages, like sharing man power - I think
>> most of us know enough about the other projects to at least be able to
>> give some information to visitors. And it would also show to the public
>> that we, the open source mobile Linux people, currently have to heavily
>> struggle to continue our work by first enabling ourselves in terms of
>> reverse engineering existing devices (like OpenEZX, HTC, Glofiish, etc.).
> +1 for a booth of many affiliated projects

Thanks ;)

>> I will be at LinuxTag at all days and would be willing to man such a booth.
>> I also have contact to Marko Jung about this idea and he wanted to check
>> it back with the orga team - no feedback yet. If there would be interest
>> I would start to kick him more heavily about this ;)
> Is Marko still involved in LinuxTag. Isn't he already in Oxford?

Well - there seems to be actually a kind of situation going on at the
LinuxTag OpenSource organisation team. What I can say by now is that we
cannot at all trust on getting any space :(
And I am pretty frustrated about this since this would be for me the
first LinuxTag without me being at some booth. On the other hand it
gives room for new ideas ;)
Though we can still ask Tarent if they still have one of the demo-points
available. But this is just a small demo-point and must be manned all
the time.

If I remember correctly there was a hacking area somewhere in the
basement that was free for everyone to use. It provides tables, chairs,
network, power, etc. Everything we need.
Do we want to be present with a booth or just be there, meet and be open
to visitors? The latter could be done in the hacking area too. We could
setup a poster/banner that makes the gathering visible and simply meet
there for a few days and hack along, exchange ourselves f2f, etc.
For me this is now the most appealing alternate solution, although I
would have like to make a booth but I don't want to step into that orga
turmoil right now...

> regards, Frederik
Cheers
  nils faerber

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen             Mob: +49-176-21024535
http://www.kernelconcepts.de