On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 12:45:36PM +0100, Arigead wrote:
> Sebastian Reichel wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 09:05:53AM +0100, Arigead wrote:
> >> Hello all,
> >>     Hope this question ain't too stupid. I'd like to try and run the FSO
> >> Framework on my ubuntu laptop. More specifically I'd like to play with
> >> the PIM part of the framework. I'm hoping to play with it and write code
> >> to interface with the PIM Engine with DBus calls.
> >>
> >> I've done the basic "sudo python setup.py install" which seems to have
> >> run fine but executing frameworkd tells me that there is no
> >> frameworkd.conf Could somebody point me in the right direction here. Can
> >> I simply copy the conf file from a freerunner across to the ubuntu
> >> laptop. That sounds a bit too simple.
> >>
> >> Any help or advice would be gratefully appreciated.
> >>
> >> John
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just copy the default frameworkd.conf to /etc/frameworkd.conf and
> > disable all subsystems except of opimd. Btw. you may want to install
> > the Debian packages in Ubuntu instead of installing FSO without any
> > packaging control system. If so you can find the package here:
> >
> > http://pkg-fso.nomeata.de/sid/fso-frameworkd
> >
> > You will also need some dependencies, which are linked on the page.
> > Dependencies, which are not linked can be found in the Debian
> > repository and most likley in the Ubuntu repository, too.
> >
> > -- Sebastian
>

> Thanks a million for that response Sebastian. It makes sense to install
> everything from deb packages so I started that but unfortunatley
> encountered an error with an install of python-phoneutils it's
> complaining that /usr/share/python-support/python-phoneutils.public is
> not a directory which is fair comment as it's not a directory.
>
> I'm a bit suspicious of a package that's installing python-phoneutils
> having a problem with python-phoneutils ;-)
>
> John

mh maybe ubuntu handles python-support packages in a different way
than Debian does. I don't have the time to check that, since there
are still remaining FSO packages, which need to be cleaned (to get
into Debian) or updated. You could try building the package yourself
from the source. You can download the source package for
python-phoneutils from the repository, too. Afterwards you search a
Tutorial in the WWW (there are plenty) and build your package :)

-- Sebastian