On Sat, Dec 05, 2009 at 06:52:23PM +0100, Sebastian Krzyszkowiak wrote:
> >> So you should be able to package libphone-ui, phoneuid, phonefsod -
> >> just libphone-ui-shr will fail, as it's the only one library which
> >> depends on some e17 stuff ;)

That's correct, but it doesn't make any sense, if the stuff does not
work :)

> On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 18:44, arne anka <openm...@ginguppin.de> wrote:
> > so, what exactly does work w/o e17?
> > i'd guess the apps themselves (messages, contacts, dialer) need e17 do
> > display anything, right?
>
> When using libphone-ui-shr, which uses e17 libraries to display UI -
> yes. But you can write and install your own UI frontend, using GTK+,
> Qt, ncurses or even something different :P

In short: you will see absolutly nothing without this package - it
contains the functions drawing the UI.

I stopped uploading stuff to avoid too much confusion about new vs old
SHR stuff in the repository. I hope the new e17 package will come
soon :)

-- Sebastian R.