Hi Arne,

> due to the messages in the log ("resource can not be set to resume, state
> resuming" or something to that effect)

I'd be interested in the complete message and the +-1000 lines
surrounding it.

> - who is responsible to resume the resource?

The suspend/resume path is:

1.) Someone calls org.freesmartphone.Usage.Suspend()
2.) fso-usaged sends a 'suspend' signal out
3.) fso-usaged suspends all resources, including GSM ->
4.) GSM modem gets prepared for suspend by ogsmd (frameworkd)
5.) fso-usaged triggers kernel suspend

zz ZZ zz ...

6.) Something triggers kernel wakeup
7.) fso-usaged resumes all resources, including GSM ->
8.) GSM modem gets prepared for resume by ogsmd (frameworkd)
9.) fso-usaged sends 'resume' signal.

--
:M: