My experiences mirror yours Tony, my wife and I use it whenever possible
because it is so convenient, especially using our Apple Watches which is always
a good conversation starter with the cashiers. I visited John Lewis yesterday,
and they don't have contactless at the moment ☹️.

Apple Pay also works throughout the London Transport system.

Lots of retailers don't realise that they could adjust their payment systems to
accept more than the £30 original limit, until I educate them.

Paul Owen

Sent from my iPad