Hi Sam,

Thanks for that,

I just got the email forwarded to me and will send it to you direct so as not
to risk  spreading any junk through the group.

Kind regards,

Steve.

On 16 Jun 2018, at 10:48, Sam - MacAmbulance <i...@macambulance.co.uk> wrote:

That’s not necessarily a virus. PUA stands for potentially unwanted
applications. NicePlayer was a good video player until they started bundling
adware utilities with it to make more money. The chances of it installing a key
logger to get your password is minimal.

I’d ask your contact to view the source of that spam email, copy & paste it
into an email which will tell me which outgoing email server it was sent from.
If it was sent from your domain’s outgoing server, with your username, then yes
change your password. If it was sent through a different server, with a
different compromised account and a faked reply address, there’s nothing you
can do.

If you have your own domain, using SPF and DKIM/DMARC is a good way of
preventing forged/spoofed emails but we can cross that bridge when we come to
it.

Sam

MacAmbulance Ltd.
Providing Affordable Mac/PC Support and Web Development

Sam Mullen
+44 (0)7747778022 <tel://+447747778022>
i...@macambulance.co.uk <mailto:i...@macambulance.co.uk>
www.macambulance.co.uk <https://www.macambulance.co.uk/>
MacAmbulance Ltd. is a registered company in England & Wales, registration
number 8466597

This email is intended solely for the addressed recipients and may contain
privileged or confidential information.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and delete
the email immediately.