Ok, so I'm once bitten, so about to turn on iCloud Photo Storage as well as
my local backup.

- I have found the file PhotosLibrary.photoslibrary. This is 70GB and we
have 200GB iCloud family shared storage.
- There is also the file iPhotoLibrary.migratedphotolibrary. This is 100GB,
but is this now redundant with all my photos stored in Photos App?

I'm sorting out the replacement Mac after the MBPro theft.
I'm thinking of not keeping family photos on my work machine at all, and
suspect 128GB SSD will now therefore be plenty. What's the best way of
working out what I currently use - DaisyDisk, or is there a Finder view?

Thanks

Adam