On 15/09/16 14:12, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
On 15/09/16 05:00, Zygmunt Krynicki wrote:
As discussed a few times this is technically challenging to do.

All of “classic” is visible from /var/lib/snapd/hostfs/ but there is no
guarantee that you can run them in any way. They may require the classic
dynamic linker, the classic runtime libraries and the classic filesystem layout
that are all lost when snap-confine sets up the execution environment. If
there’s desire to run executables from the outside we could look for solutions
but this is not as simple as “just use devmode”

I think this is a topic for the next snapfest community event, in
October/November. Call it "snapping CLI utilities".

Is this going to be an online or face-to-face event? This seems like something I ought to not miss ... :-)