Hi Luke,

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 04:08:59PM -0700, Luke Williams wrote:
> Hello,

> I am trying to build a custom ubuntu-core image with a custom kernel.

<snip>

> I the sign the assertion and have a valid assertion model, but when I try
> to build, I get the following error:

> $ sudo /snap/bin/ubuntu-image -c stable -o onl-snappy.img --extra-snaps
> onl-kernel_3.18.25_amd64.snap pc.model

> FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/tmp/tmpfmnriroe/unpack/gadget/meta/gadget.yaml'

This error is because the new gadget snaps that are compatible with
ubuntu-image have not yet been promoted to the stable channel; at the
moment, you must use -c edge instead to get the right version.

I don't know if there is anything blocking their promotion to the stable
channel at this point.  Michael, Oliver, can you comment?

slanga...@ubuntu.com                                     vor...@debian.org