hi,
Am Freitag, den 16.12.2016, 13:17 +0000 schrieb Jamie Bennett:

> > I have contacts in element14 that I can reach out to but would like
> > to understand the context and status of the gadget snap published
> > by mvo.
> I think you should talk to element14 about having Ubuntu Core as an
> official option or directly with Beagleboard themselves. Beagleboard
> have a forum where you could start the conversation or contact
> information on - https://beagleboard.org/about.

... and i'm happy to give them a hand if needed ...

;)

> > I am also curious why ogra published his own gadget snap instead of
> > using the "official looking" beagleblack snap (see screenshot).
> > Thanks

the "beagleblack" was a 15.04 gadget, the "bbb" gadget is for series
16, i wanted to make the difference clear in the naming (not only to
point out the difference in releases but also the changed state of
official support)

it would be awesome to have an element14 image even with the robert
nelson kernel, today i'm just re-using the linux-generic one from the
archive in beaglebone setup, i know robert has some non-upstreamed
patches that some users would like ...

ciao
        oli