On 17.01.2017 17:46, Joe Coates wrote:
> The 'network-manager' slot interface does not show up in my Ubuntu-core
> interface list.   I'm running 2.21 on a Virtualbox VM.

It's not a slot you can put on your snap or one which is provided by the
core snap. It's a slot which only the network-manager snap can own and
no other one and its not a one which allows arbitrary snaps to access
the resolvconf configuration. For that we still need a different
interface or add support for resolvconf access to the network-control
interface.

If you look at the code for the network-manager interface the
responsible part for resolveconf is at
https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/blob/master/interfaces/builtin/network_manager.go#L86
I guess it would be ok to get those bits added to the network-control
interface at
https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/blob/master/interfaces/builtin/network_control.go

If you want you can easily submit a PR to get those bits added there. A
short introduction into snapd hacking is available at
https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/blob/master/HACKING.md

regards,
Simon