On 2017-01-23 21:44, Leo Arias wrote:
On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 2:53 AM, <gareth.fra...@cliftonts.co.uk> wrote: It is ok now thank you. I have had some excellent help and can use what I
now have to aid me going forward. It is those first few steps that seem
impossible.

Hey Gareth, I'm happy to see you got it working.

It would be really useful if you could help us improving the
documentation from the things you learned these past weeks. Maybe some
of the text should be clearer, or a few things are missing an
explanation. We happily accept pull requests for the docs in
https://github.com/snapcore/snapcraft/tree/master/docs, and another
useful resource is to answer your own questions in askubuntu.com once
you know the answer.

pura vida.
--
¡paz y baile!
http://www.ubuntu.com

Hi,
Thanks for suggesting this, however the problem is that I really don't understand anything still. I should explain I'm dyspraxic and so I have my own methods for learning which work for me and I often find the way this stuff is presented is just a struggle for me. Some very helpful people have helped me package 2 python scripts, one terminal based and one gtk so on a basic level I can now do that. However I am able to include packages in the gtk version but not in the terminal version due to the way the snapcraft.yaml is layed out. I need to add one but don't know enough yet to modify the file and nobody has yet stepped forward to provide the answer.

I work far better through the doing rather than tons of reading and given a little more help will start to have an understanding of the methods but I'm not quite there yet. So although I'd love to identify some ways to improve the documentation I really can't until I know the answers myself.

Gareth