hi,
Am Freitag, den 17.02.2017, 15:30 +0100 schrieb Luca Dionisi:
> Hi all
>
> I was in need to modify the file /etc/iproute2/rt_tables, but it was
> read-only on previous versions of the "core" snap.
> As a workaround, I was manually doing a bind-mount from the file
> /writable/system-data/etc/iproute2/rt_tables to the location
> /etc/iproute2/rt_tables.
>
> When I did last "snap refresh" to my ubuntu core it seems to me that
> there is now a permanent bind-mount from the directory
> /writable/system-data/etc/iproute2 to the location /etc/iproute2.
>
> But now I have only one file in /etc/iproute2.
>   luca-dionisi@localhost:/etc/iproute2$ ls
>   rt_tables
>
> Is it normal or is it due to my previous workaround?
> If so, what are my options to revert things?

this is due to your former tinkering and us making the location
writable by default at the same time.

back up your changed rt_tables file, then unmount /etc/iproute2 ...

the original files of the directory should show up after this ...

now you can cp them to /writable/system-data/etc/iproute2, copy your
modified rt_tables there as well and you should be fine after a reboot

sorry, we dont really have protection against people manually bind-
mounting rw files on top of readonly dirs when we make them writable.

ciao
        oli