hi,
Am Freitag, den 24.02.2017, 11:00 +0000 schrieb Adam Collard:
> Hi Snapsters,
>
> We've recently hit an issue[0] that broke the canonical-livepatch
> snap. Work to fix it is under-way, but I'm curious how we're expected
> to know about these breaking changes? It seems that the key piece of
> information is tucked away inside a LP bug[1].
>
> TIA,
>
> Adam
>
> [0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-livepatch-client/+bug/166747
> 0
> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/snappy/+bug/1619420/comments/11
> --
> istinfo/snapcraft

this kind of exposes an issue in our way to test IMHO.

the fix from [1] (needed for the core images where lsb_release has
never been functional) landed in edge two weeks ago, then in
candidate/beta a little later, but still ahead of the stable release of
the latest core snap.

the livepatch snap on classic should be included in QAs test plan for
candidate releases (alternatively you could have one machine in your
team that uses the core snap from beta or candidate permanently on
classic which would allow you to raise a flag before core hits stable)

ciao
        oli