Hey Adam,
First, Thanks for trying it out! sorry you're having trouble.

Myself and some other folks have just tried out the pi3 with mir-kiosk and
all seems to be working without issue on our end. Our one guess is
potentially related to your display setup... But the best way to proceed
would be to file a bug & attach your whole syslog there. Email threads tend
to be messy for debugging.

You can log a bug for us at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+filebug

Then we can capture all the discussion, logs, etc to see what might be the
issue.
Thanks, kg