I'm not sure where the documentation for proxies is, but you need to
configure the proxy on the machine in either one or two places:

 - /etc/systemd/system/snapd.service.d/snap_layer_proxy.conf
 - /var/snap/<snap-name>/common/config

I haven't seen full confirmation of this anywhere, but I think that
the first setting is for snapd itself i.e. so it can use the proxy to
access the store (for refreshing snaps). The second seems to be the
proxy for the application.

You can see examples of these in a couple of charms:
 - https://github.com/stub42/layer-snap/blob/master/reactive/snap.py#L86
 -
https://git.launchpad.net/canonical-livepatch-charm/tree/reactive/canonical_livepatch.py#n106

After the config changes, a daemon-reload and snapd.service restart is
required (you can see that in the charms).