The cast and crew of The WB's Angel commemorated the show's 100th episode,
now in production, on Dec. 4 with a cake and ceremony on the Wolfram & Hart
set in Los Angeles. The episode will also mark the return of former cast
member Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia) to wrap up her character's storyline;
Carpenter, who left the series at the end of last season, showed up on the
set with her new infant son in arms.

Guests included Joss Whedon, who co-created the Buffy the Vampire Slayer
spinoff with David Greenwalt, and stars David Boreanaz, James Marsters,
Alexis Denisof, J. August Richards, Amy Acker, Andy Hallett, Mercedes McNab,
Sarah Thompson and Christian Kane, who returns after a lengthy hiatus to
reprise the character of ousted evil Wolfram & Hart lawyer Lindsey McDonald.
All enjoyed a huge white cake with "Angel 100" etched in blood-red icing.

"The idea of the show was redemption, and what it takes to win back a life
when you've misused yours terribly," Whedon told the gathered crowd on Stage
5 at Paramount Pictures, where the show is filmed. "It's gone through a lot
of different permutations. A lot of characters. A lot of different styles.
But ultimately that has never left. Angel, to me, is so important, because
it's about how an adult faces what they've done with their life, goes
forward with it, overcomes it. These are things that have a great deal of
meaning to me. Plus, awesome fights. And, you know, if I have any message
for Americans, [it's that] you can solve problems through fisticuffs." Angel
airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT.