On Wednesday, July 28, 2004, 5:34:43 AM, Landry wrote:

LW> Pete, I put together a little script that modifies the Q*.SMD
LW> file for identified spam messages that were held in my spam
LW> directory, but were not tagged by Sniffer, and can forward a copy
LW> of these messages to your spam@ address.  However, the messages
LW> will look like they came from the original sender and will also
LW> show the original recipient on the "To" line.  For example,
LW> queue-file Qff1e0159007addb3.SMD could originally look like (all
LW> sender and recipient domains masked):

<snip/>

LW> This script is not automated so it is not going to be sending
LW> you unconfirmed spam.  We will only forward messages that have
LW> been confirmed by one of our staff to be spam and that Sniffer did
LW> not tag.  This way I can forward specific messages that end up in
LW> my spam directory to you from a remote command line on the server,
LW> and you will receive the message in its original intended format,
LW> including sender and recipient information.  I will not start
LW> forwarding spam to your spam@ address until I hear that this
LW> process would be okay with you.

This sounds great!

Thanks!
_M

PS: It is possible to create virtual spam traps on systems that use a
sufficient number of additional tests. Essentially, if the message
would normally be held or dropped based on the other tests and it
still failed Sniffer then it would be reasonable to automatically
forward that to spam@ in the way you describe. In many cases this
content is clean enough to be processed with the same rules we use for
normal spamtraps. We have been considering the creation of a new class
of processing for this kind of virtual spamtrap.