-----Original Message-----
From: Pete McNeil [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

LW> Pete, I put together a little script that modifies the Q*.SMD file
LW> for identified spam messages that were held in my spam directory,
LW> but were not tagged by Sniffer, and can forward a copy of these
LW> messages to your spam@ address.  However, the messages will look
LW> like they came from the original sender and will also show the
LW> original recipient on the "To" line.  For example, queue-file
LW> Qff1e0159007addb3.SMD could originally look like (all sender and
LW> recipient domains masked):

<snip/>

LW> This script is not automated so it is not going to be sending you
LW> unconfirmed spam.  We will only forward messages that have been
LW> confirmed by one of our staff to be spam and that Sniffer did not
LW> tag.  This way I can forward specific messages that end up in my
LW> spam directory to you from a remote command line on the server, and
LW> you will receive the message in its original intended format,
LW> including sender and recipient information.  I will not start
LW> forwarding spam to your spam@ address until I hear that this process
LW> would be okay with you.

This sounds great!

Thanks!
_M

PS: It is possible to create virtual spam traps on systems that use a
sufficient number of additional tests. Essentially, if the message would
normally be held or dropped based on the other tests and it still failed
Sniffer then it would be reasonable to automatically forward that to spam@
in the way you describe. In many cases this content is clean enough to be
processed with the same rules we use for normal spamtraps. We have been
considering the creation of a new class of processing for this kind of
virtual spamtrap.

=====

Let me look into it a bit to see how I might be able to accomplish this.
I'll report back soon...

Bill

otherwise confidential information.  Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
be unlawful.  If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank you