> That is what I'm using.  I tried editing the .cmd file to do away
> with the variables and hard-wire my parameters into it.  It works
> either way (before or after eliminating the variables) when executed
> manually.  It does not work via Program Alias -- my .snf file does
> not change when an update notification arrives.

> Procedure:  I send a test message to the update address.  I get back
> a copy of the test message, and a "S n i f f e r  update" notice
> indicating that an update occurred . . but, in fact, an update
> does NOT occur, the .snf file is still date/time stamped the same
> (I'm not using the -N option on WGET at this point, so a download
> should always occur).

My guess would be either a permissions problem or a path problem.
Verify that the account that runs the program alias has permissions
to all of the data locations and verify that you are not relying on
the PATH environment variable which may be different in each context.

Regards,

Brad Morgan
IT Manager
Horizon Interactive Inc.