From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Pete McNeil
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 11:30 AM
To: sniffer@sortmonster.com
Subject: [sniffer] Joe Jobs...

Hello Sniffer Folks,

  Please be aware that there are several spam and possibly virus
  (other malware?) campaigns being transmitted with my madscientist
  address and possibly other addresses from our company in the From:
  headers and SMTP envelope.

  Though this has happened in the past at low levels, I have noted
  recently a very high level of bounces and warnings returning to me
  (erroneously) from systems that claim they have received viruses and
  spam from my address.

  I suspect that this might have been triggered by recent press
  activity, - especially a Washington Post article which included my
  email address without modification.

  If you receive any of these messages, please treat them as the
  spam/malware that they are and ignore the source.

  I have verified that we are not sending any such messages (
  unintentionally) from any of our systems.

Pete McNeil (Madscientist)
President, MicroNeil Research Corporation Chief SortMonster
(www.sortmonster.com) Chief Scientist (www.armresearch.com)