We're getting the same and today it started hitting a different account (Domain).

What are these things? I thought exploratory, maybe looking for replies to build a DB for a later spam wave? Their not malicious in content and look like someone's virus working incorrectly. But, I doubt they are really so benign.

Any understand their purpose?