From: Message Sniffer Community [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Bonno Bloksma
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2007 1:02 PM
To: Message Sniffer Community
Subject: [sniffer] Fw: lot's of legit mailservsr in spamdatabases

Hi,

I just posted this in the Declude.Junkmail list:

----------<quote>--------------------
How do you guys deal with it, LOTS of legit mailservers are listed in what
used to be reliable spamsender databases.

UCEPROTECT-NETWORK. See
http://www.uceprotect.net/rblcheck.php?ipr=212.216.176.109";

But 212.216.176.109 is a normal mailserver vsmtp21.tin.it and is trying to
deliver mail from a "customer" to us. Have spammers won this race, can we no
longer trust these databases? Is there a ip list with "all" legitimate
mailservers for most ISP that I can use to reduce points?

For the hotmail mailservers it was easy to reduce the points, it's a lot
harder to do for all the other "real" mailservers.
----------<quote>--------------------

Pete,
Is this something the new Sniffer can help us with, identifying legit
mailservers? Will hits have a separate exit code we can use to identify
legit mailservers and reduce points accumulated in Declude via other tests
and have the mail go through?

Met vriendelijke groet,
Bonno Bloksma
hoofd systeembeheer

tio hogeschool hotelmanagement en toerisme
begijnenhof 8-12 / 5611 el eindhoven
t 040 296 28 28 / f 040 237 35 20
 <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]  /  <http://www.tio.nl>
www.tio.nl