From: "Pete McNeil" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent 11/23/2007 2:34:58 AM
To: "Message Sniffer Community" <sniffer@sortmonster.com>
Subject: [sniffer] FTP access to snf rulebase files is no longer available.

Hello Sniffer Folks,
It has come to our attention that a few folks out there have not yet
changed their rulebase update scripts to use http (usually wget +
gzip) and are still using FTP.
FTP access to SNF rulebases was deprecated some time ago. With the
recent upgrades to our servers we have discontinued FTP access to the
rulebase files.
Please adjust your scripts to use http instead of ftp. Most likely you
will wish to use wget and gzip (the combination can ensure that
downloads only occur when a new file is available and can allow the
file to be compressed on-the-fly to substantially reduce the bandwidth
requirements).
You can find a number of example scripts by following these links:
http://kb.armresearch.com/index.php?title=Message_Sniffer.TechnicalDetails.AutoUpdates
http://kb.armresearch.com/index.php?title=Message_Sniffer.TechnicalDetails.SubmittedScripts
Shortly after the next version of SNF is out of beta we hope to
discontinue FTP access for uploading rulebase files. The new version
of SNF provides real-time telemetry so that uploaded log files are
no-longer necessary.
Sorry for any confusion about this.
Thanks for your patience and support!
Pete McNeil
Chief Scientist,
Arm Research Labs, LLC.
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Send administrative queries to  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>