From: Message Sniffer Community [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Pete McNeil
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 12:09 PM
To: Message Sniffer Community
Subject: [sniffer] Re: SNF V2-9b1.5 Released - Please Upgrade

Hello David,

When using snfupd with the new version you can skip the line that
tells SNF to reload.

REM %LicenseID%.exe reload

Most likely the error you received is because there is no executable
named for your license ID. This is ok with the new version. The
snfupd.cmd script was originally written to work with version 2 which
does require "branding" the SNF executable.

The new version of SNF does not require branding. Also, the new
version will very quickly recognize that there is a new rulebase file
and will load it automatically so there is no reason (nor facility) to
notify it about the update.

Hope this helps,

_M

Saturday, January 12, 2008, 11:21:37 AM, you wrote:

> Ok I have most off this working with Imail 8.22

> So far this is what I have done

> Copied, unpacked RImailSnifferUpdateTools.zip, edited snfupd.cmd and setup
> task schedule.

> Which generates an from the snfupd.cmd

C:\SNF>>snfupd.cmd
> 'mylicencekeynotshownhere.exe' is not recognized as an internal or
external
> command,
> operable program or batch file.

> REM Load new rulebase file.
> %LicenseID%.exe reload

> So how do I get the SNFserver to update with the latest .snf file.

> Regards David Moore
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> J.P. MCP, MCSE, MCSE + INTERNET, CNE.
> www.adsldirect.com.au for ADSL and Internet www.romtech.com.au for PC
sales

http://kb.armresearch.com/index.php?title=Message_Sniffer.GettingStarted.Dis

--
Pete McNeil
Chief Scientist,

To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Send administrative queries to  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>