Hello Shawn,

Hello,

I searched the Wiki but could not find a proper answer to this question.

If I have my mail server on it's own server, and I want to have Message Sniffer on it's own server, how would I go about setting this up?

I will have the SNFServer instance running on it's own server.  Does SNFClient.exe still get called on the server that is running the mail server?

If so, how do I setup SNFClient so it knows where to find the SNFServer?   For the trial I had everything running on 1 server and it was easy to get working.  But now I have purchased a copy I want to put SNFServer on it's own box.

At the moment SNFServer and SNFClient need to run on the same box. SNFClient calls the SNFServer via localhost TCP. SNFServer processes the message as a file on the local file system.

If you want to run SNF on a gateway then that gateway must run some software to process the email going through that gateway - either an SMTP proxy like eWall, or an actual SMTP server connected to SNF such as a postfix on a *nix box. There are many options for gateway solutions - the choice depends upon your needs.

Hope this helps,

Pete McNeil

Chief Scientist,

Arm Research Labs, LLC.