Steve Guluk wrote:
Pete, How does this all effect eWall linked usage?

eWall also has a new version and in the update it is asking if Sniffer integration is required. My Current version has the two working together but I am not sure if "their" linkage works off my default install of Sniffer or if the update will overwrite any changes I make regarding this latest issue. So in other words, do I have to update eWall and it's sniffer hooks before making any changes in relation to Curl as the eWall upgrade will overwrite the Sniffer Installation?

That's a good question. I'll have to get w/ Alex and discuss it.

I don't recall precisely how updates are handled with eWall -- but what I _think_ that eWall essentially installs SNFServer from our C/S distro and then uses the update mechanisms that are found there. We haven't updated that distribution yet.

If you told eWall to use your existing SNF installation then it should leave that installation alone. eWall connects to SNFServer via our XCI protocol - so all that is required is to have SNFServer running somewhere on the system.

In any case -- once that is accomplished (either by you or by the eWall installer) you can upgrade the getRulebase script and add curl without any trouble. eWall itself won't notice and doesn't care how SNFServer updates it's rulebase. The only thing to watch out for is if during and install or upgrade eWall stomps any part of the SNFServer install -- I'm not sure if it will or not-- I doubt it.

Best,