I'm having strange issues when setting the passphrases, the following
works (traps are sent, and recevied ok):

protected void addUsmUser(USM usm) {
     UsmUser user = new UsmUser(new OctetString(getSsecurityName()),
                 AuthSHA.ID,
                 new OctetString("my_password"),
                 PrivAES128.ID,
                 new OctetString("my_password"));
     usm.addUser(user.getSecurityName(), usm.getLocalEngineID(), user);
}

While the following does not work:
private String getMyPassword() {
     return "my_password";
}

protected void addUsmUser(USM usm) {
     UsmUser user = new UsmUser(new OctetString(getSsecurityName()),
                 AuthSHA.ID,
                 new OctetString(getMyPassword()),
                 PrivAES128.ID,
                 new OctetString(getMyPassword()));
     usm.addUser(user.getSecurityName(), usm.getLocalEngineID(), user);
}

In other words, when using a hardcoded password to initialize the
OctetString everything works ok, and when the OctetString is initialized
by a String variable with the same value it does not work. What am I
missing?

Regards
Ole