Hello,

I need to create an snmp agent (server) for snmp v1

I found an example at
http://shivasoft.in/blog/java/snmp/creating-snmp-agent-server-in-java-using-snmp4j/.
But it creates an snmp v3 server.

My problem is to find out how can I specify the version 1 instead of 3. The
code uses MPv3.createLocalEngineID() to create the command processor  :

public class SNMPAgent extends BaseAgent {
    private String address;

    public SNMPAgent(String address) throws IOException {
        super(new File("conf.agent"), new File("bootCounter.agent"),new
CommandProcessor(new OctetString(*MPv3.createLocalEngineID()*)));
        this.address = address;
    }

So I thought I could use something similar with the class MPv1. But the MPv1
class does not have the createLocalEngineID() method  . So I don’t know to
specify to use SNMP version 1.

Any idea ?

Thanks,
Olivier