Hi,
I'm encountering an issue with V3 and the USM. I'm trying to request
information from two different devices via snmpv3 but they have the same
user name but different passwords.

When I try the following approach, one returns the values ok but the other
device returns an authentication error.

   UsmUser user1 = new UsmUser(new OctetString("authPrivMd5Des"),
            AuthMD5.ID,
            new OctetString("qazwsxed"),
            PrivDES.ID,
            new OctetString("qazwsxed"));

    UsmUser user2 = new UsmUser(new OctetString("authPrivMd5Des"),
            AuthMD5.ID,
            new OctetString("dewsxzaq"),
            PrivDES.ID,
            new OctetString("dewsxzaq"));

    snmp.getUSM().addUser(new OctetString("authPrivMd5Des"),user1);
    snmp.getUSM().addUser(new OctetString("authPrivMd5Des"),user2);
   event = snmp.getBulk(pdu, target1);
   event = snmp.getBulk(pdu, target2);

I also tried setting the engine ID but that resulted in the same thing, one
was ok but the other had an authentication error.

    byte[] authEngineId1 = target1..getAuthoritativeEngineID();
    byte[] authEngineId2 = target2..getAuthoritativeEngineID();

    snmp.getUSM().addUser(new OctetString("authPrivMd5Des"), new
OctetString(authEngineId1),user1);
    snmp.getUSM().addUser(new OctetString("authPrivMd5Des"), new
OctetString(authEngineId2),user2);

Am I doing something wrong or is this a limitation of the api?

Also is there an easy way to check if the response is an error and not valid
data. For example, the following response is returning an authentication
failure.
REPORT[reqestID=2147483647, errorStatus=0, errorIndex=0,
VBS[1.3.6.1.6.3.15.1.1.5.0 = 31]]
Should I be checking the returned oid with what I requested? Is there a
utility that maps the oid to the appropriate error type?

Thank you in advance.

Robert