Hello, all.

Actually I'm using the westhawk SNMP stack and got a problem (can receive
v3-AuthPriv-traps from only one device because the stack compares the engineId)
- so before switching over to SNMP4J I have to solve a general question because
the people from westhawk are pretty sure they didn't do anything wrong. So
here's my question :
Is it generally possible with SNMPv3 to have agent++ on multiple devices
sending v3 encoded traps (with auth and priv all using the same user and
passwords) sending their traps to a network management system that uses SNMP4J
to collect and decode all the traps ?
Can you please help me to solve this question.

Thanks in advance
and best regards,

--

Gerd Raudenbusch
Dipl.  Informatiker (FH)

Power Plus Communications AG | Am Exerzierplatz 2 | 68167 Mannheim | Germany
Tel.: +49 621 40165-221 | Fax: +49 621 40165-111
E-Mai l: g.raudenbu...@ppc-ag.de | http://www.ppc-ag.de

Handelsregister-Nr.: HRB 8853 | Sitz und Registergericht: Mannheim
Vorstand: Ingo Schönberg (Vorsitzender), Eugen Mayer | Vorsitzender des
Aufsichtsrates: Dr. Manfred Krüper