Hi All,

We have been using SNMP4J (version 1.10.2) in our EMS application to
communicate with the network elements(Agent) we manage.

On one specific setup the behavior is bit weird and we could not conculde
where exactly the issue is.

As we know the first contact to Agent from SNMP4J(Manager) discovers
the EngineTime
, EngineId, EngineBoots, and the values we got were 96966, xxxxx, 11.
And the communication between the SNMP4J(Manager) and Agent goes like below

SNMP4J => Agent  (SNMP GET with EngineTime 96966 , EngineBoots 11) -ok
Agent  => SNMP4J (Response received from NE) - ok
SNMP4J => Agent  (reports usmStatsNotInTimeWindows (Could be due to delayed
response, reason not known)) (Problem starts here)

SNMP4J => Agent  1st Retry ( EngineTime 39017 , EngineBoots 16. Which is
different from the one NE maintians) - Should not be.
Agent  => SNMP4J (reports usmStatsNotInTimeWindows (Due to mismatch of
EngineTime
  and EngineBoots )) - expected.

SNMP4J => Agent  2nd Retry ( EngineTime 39078 , EngineBoots 16 = > Which is
different from the one NE maintains) - - Should not be.
Agent  => SNMP4J (reports usmStatsNotInTimeWindows (Due to mismatch of
 EngineTime
  and EngineBoots)) - expected.

SNMP4J => Agent  3rd Retry ( EngineTime 39198, EngineBoots 16 = > Which is
different from the one NE maintians) - - Should not be.
Agent  => SNMP4J (reports usmStatsNotInTimeWindows (Due to mismatch of
 EngineTime
  and EngineBoots)) - expected.

Any further requests from SNMP4J never sent with correct EngineBoots and
EngineTime(Which Agent currently maintains).

Even though Agent reports usmStatsNotInTimeWindows error, SNMP4J does not
update the EngineTime and EngineBoots for further requests. results in
request timedout.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--
Greetings,