From: Frank Fock <f...@agentpp.com>
Subject: Re: [SNMP4J] help - possible thread-unsafe code in snmp4j
To: snmp4j@agentpp.org

Hi Syed,

Yes, it is true, that if an agent sends multiple reports concurrently and
a multi-threaded message dispatcher is used, more than
"request.maxRequestStatus"
reports could be send back, because reading and incrementing the request
status is not synchronized.

However, this only happens if the agent violates the protocol or is
misconfigured
(sending retries in very short intervals). I will add a synchronization
on the
request.requestStatus for the next release - although I see only a very
small benefit.

Best regards,
Frank