Hi,

In this special case, you should try to avoid the source error.
The error is printed, because it happens in a Thread that was
started by the DefaultUdpTransportMapping. Since
there is no caller of that run() method, it stack is printed out.

You can avoid this by warpping the ListenerThread yourself
(by subclassing the DefaultUdpTransportMapping).

Otherwise, you have to use:
SNMP4JSettings.setForwardRuntimeExceptions(false);

Best regards,
Frank