Hi Ron,

There are two cases you have to differentiate:

1. You have already localized passphrases for your target:
    Then use USM.addLocalizedUser(...)
2. You have plain text passphrases for your target:
Then use USM.addUser with a UsmUser that had been created with a localizationEngineID.

In the second case, the passphrases will be localized by SNMP4J when the user is added to
the USM.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Frank