From: "Frank Sauer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 4:47 PM
Subject: RE: WSDL?

in other words, a verbose IDL :-)

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: Anne Thomas Manes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 1:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Gary,

Okay. Perhaps I am overstating things a little bit. WSDL doesn't
describe semantic information.  It doesn't describe application
semantics (e.g., you must call "open" before "action"). It doesn't
describe business semantics (payment terms, service level agreements,
etc.). It doesn't describe security, routing, and transaction
semantics (although it may describe how to represent security,
routing and transaction information in the header).

But WSDL does tell you everything you need to know to construct a
SOAP message and send it to its target. And it does so in a
machine-readable format so that a tool can generate the code
necessary to make it happen.

Best regards,
Anne