All,
Competition electronics has been making chargers to do this as well.
They are called the Turbo chargers. You can vary the charge in fine
increments up to 10 Amps. The discharge rate on some are Fixed at 4
amps but will give you a calculated capacity for 10 amps. I think they
make another one that does 20 and/or 30amps. Not sure about the 40
amps. I think I'd save that abuse for the flight.
Jim
<01bedfe9.278d53a-@craftsman> wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/soaring/?start=39984
> These types of chargers have been made for years.  Check
> out the RC Car section at your hobby store or online catalog.
>
> Tekin BC112 with the Tekin DIS350 is my favorite:
> http://www.tekin.com/prod.html
>
> There are more expensive ones by Competition Electronics:
> http://www.towerhobbies.com/listings/listchgr.html
>
> and others.
>
> Jerry R. Craft VWP

Thermocouples (or