I am as bloodthirsty and competition-crazed
as the next guy when it comes to slope-racing.

I am totally enthralled with wingtip-to-wingtip
racing- even when expensive disasters are
inevitable.

However...

Tom Copp has really done a great, fantastic,
excellent and bitchin' thing for slopers in Southern
California by setting up and conducting F3F races
on a regular and continuing basis.  The facts are the
facts, and to the world-wide soaring community slope
racing is defined as "F3F".

I am EXTREMELY GRATEFUL that someone is willing
to give me the opportunity to compete in this event on
a continuing basis for a measly few bucks, and judging
by the enthusiastic comments of the pilots at a race with
dismal conditions, the future is extremely bright for this event.

I also have talked to several manufacturers/importers and
one of the spin-off benefits of an entire new facet of this sport
gaining popularity is more sales of better planes, more
development and designs and it's all good...

Just in case anyone out there was breathlessly awaiting my
opinion on this...

John Roe
Laguna Hills, Ca
www.martialartsacademy.org

"Glory may be fleeting, but obscurity is eternal."