No disrespect to the futaba module, but the hitec spectra module existed long before the 9Z radio hit the market. I used the hitec module on my futaba 8uaf over 10 years ago and on my hitec radio almost 20 years ago. I think futaba is relatively new player in the freq. module game by comparison. I am sure they are fine though, this is all very

Wow, so Hitec had a synthesized module out in 1986 or earlier?? I had no idea. Sorry if I was incorrect on that. I hardly recall Hitec radios at that time, so hence my confusion. My first 9ZWC module was purchased in 1995 and I know they had it out with the first generation of the radio the 9ZAP around 1992 or 93, so if Hitec beat Futaba out by 8 to 10 years, then I stand corrected.

I bought my first computer radio 20 years ago in 1986, a Futaba 8UHP. No synthesizer on that one for sure and I do not recall anyone else having one that far back, but then again I really only paid attention to either Futaba or JR in those days. It had mechanical pots on the back, no display screen, etc. Really bare bones compared to what we have now, so Hitec being that far ahead of the game that far back is truly impressive.

WEM